What’s inside this edition?
- Trading hours over Christmas and New Year
- Introducing the NU-8: plant sap analysis offering maximum results and unbeatable value
- Tips for getting the most out of our NU-test reporting templates
- Check out the new Agvita.com.au – fresh, fast, and functional
- Great news! We’re now ASPAC accredited for BSES-Phosphorus soil tests
Trading hours over Christmas and New Year
While most businesses close their doors over the holiday period, here at AgVita, we’re committed to keeping interruptions to our analytical services to a minimum throughout the season.
Our lab testing days over the festive break are:
Monday 27th Dec ….. CLOSED
Tuesday 28th Dec ….. CLOSED
Wednesday 29th Dec ….. CLOSED
Thursday 30th Dec ….. CLOSED
Friday 31st Dec ….. OPEN for daily analyses only
Monday 3rd Jan ….. CLOSED
Tuesday 4th Jan ….. CLOSED
Wednesday 5th Jan ….. OPEN and back to full lab operations
Of course, postal deliveries will be under extra pressure in the lead up to the Christmas break. So please allow plenty of time to get your samples in for analysis.
We’re confident that the speed and reliability of postal/courier services will improve in the new year as COVID restrictions ease.
As always, we thank you for your patience.
Introducing the NU-8: plant sap analysis offering maximum results and unbeatable value
Have you heard about our expanded suite of NU-test plant sap analyses?
In response to grower feedback, we’ve built on the advantages of our well-established NU-7 test by offering an extended range of analytes in a single cost-effective option.
With the NU-8 test, you not only get the most complete analyte report from one plant sample, but you also save 20%* using this packaged bundle.
The NU-8 includes all the same analytes as the NU-7 test, plus four additional significant values:
- Silicon: desirable level guidelines are supplied for many common crops
- Aluminium: maintaining low levels is best for most crops
- Brix: desirable level guidelines are supplied for many common crops
- Sap pH: maintain the crucial balance between preventing disease and deterring pests
Finally, a plant sap report that gives you the whole picture, so nothing critical is overlooked. Because no one wants to waste time and money on a second round of testing!
As with our other NU-tests, we offer same-day reporting on the NU-8, and results are supplied in the existing NU-test format.
Same plant sample, same turnaround.
But for only $13 (+GST) more, why not make NU-8 your standard test and get the full picture every time?
Get a NU-8 test started today.
* When compared to the cost of the NU-7 test plus individual add-ons
Tips for getting the most out of our NU-test reporting templates
Unlike other testing labs, we use our own bespoke method of reporting plant sap results at AgVita.
Our interactive Excel-based NU-test reporting template has loads of advantages over the usual static PDF or .csv files. For example, you can view multiple analysis results from one grower or client within the same report.
There are endless ways to sort, filter, and cross-reference your data.
The easiest way to maximise the functionality of your reports is to make sure you enter information in the following fields on our sample information labels:
- Client and Grower name
- A unique paddock ID/name
- Crop type – your report will come with desirable levels if the crop type is included in our NU-test crop names and guidelines file.
- Growth stage – each sample requires a growth stage (as shown in the link above) to populate your report with our guidelines. Importantly, for subsequent samples from the same crop, a new unique growth stage is required so the graphing page of our report can pick up each sample.
If you’re new to our range of NU-tests or having trouble operating your NU-test report, head to the ‘Labels, Instructions and FAQs’ tab on our NU-test webpage.
Still got questions? Our friendly team is ready to help.
Check out the new Agvita.com.au – fresh, fast, and functional
When was the last time you visited (the rest of) our website?
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes, revamping much of our site.
Just as we keep up with the latest agriculture and analytical advancements, we want to make the digital AgVita experience efficient and up-to-date. We want you to enjoy a website that’s fresh, fast, and fully functional – even from your mobile.
We’d love to know what you think.
Of course, if you have any trouble finding any sections or links, please get in touch so we can point you in the right direction.
Great news! We’re now ASPAC accredited for BSES-Phosphorus soil tests
Here at AgVita, we’ve levelled up once more after receiving our ASPAC accreditation for the popular sugar industry soil test for phosphorus: BSES-P (also known as Acid-P).
Along with Olsen-P, Colwell-P and Mehlich3-P, we can now offer this additional means of monitoring phosphorus mobility in the biosphere.
Even better, BSES-P can replace Olsen-P or Colwell-P in any Soil Response soil test for no extra cost. This means most combinations in our Soil Response suite of tests will comply with the Queensland Reef Rescue requirements.
Want to find out more about our extensive range of accredited soil and plant analytes?
Check out the full list on ASPAC’s website.